Thursday, February 18, 2010

DI revamp reveal!

I finished this last week, but wanted to show off the finished product! In case you're not my mom (wink-wink), :) here are the links to the befores...here and here.  I am totally in love with it! 

I used Minwax Paste Wax to seal the surface...and love that I could do it in the house while the kiddos slept...no fumes!
I used leftover paint from the picnic table...woo-hoo for things that look great and are free!
When I finished sanding the top, I started in on the sides, and discovered this stamp.  The 54, I assume, can only mean it was made in 1954.  What a pretty cool piece of history, don't ya think??? :) Now if only I can just get those cupboards built....(Joel's says I'm obsessed....I think I might be!).


I'm linking up at Shanty2Chic's Made it Without My Hubby link party!

4 comments:

  1. Looks AMAZING! I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is worth some obsession! I love it! The top is beautiful! And I love the color of the legs! Way to go Ang! You inspire me love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! How come I didn't know you were doing this??? We obviously don't see each other often enough these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked over from shanty2chic. Love the table! especially the mix of warm wood and cool blue. I also enjoyed the C.S. Lewis quote at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete