Saturday, February 20, 2010

Surprises...

My sweet husband called me from work yesterday, and asked what I was doing for lunch.  I reminded him that I had plans to come decorate his office at lunch time. 
"Wanna go somewhere afterwards with me?"
"Sure, what did you have in mind?"
"Lowes, or maybe Home Depot...."
(waiting with baited breath on my end...)
"...I think we should finally get a table saw...you know, so we can do all those projects you want to do."

So...guess what we're doing today??? Well, I'm dinking around on the computer while he assembles his dream machine in the garage.  I don't think I've ever seen so many parts, but he's in heaven.  We thought we'd be to the cutting and building part by now, but I'm not complaining.  Now I don't have to bug the Home Depot guys to cut wood for me.  :) So here's to a new adventure in crafting...and one really awesome early birthday present!!!

Oh, and a coworker of Joel's asked me yesterday if she could 'commission' me to redo her dining chair seats.  I'm kinda excited to do it for her...I'll have to let you know how they turn out! (Lupe - if you're reading this - I can't wait to see your fabric choice!)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds awesome! I am waiting on my Cricut for mine and the girls birthdays! Gotta love tax returns! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You're inspiring you know.... I'm just glad we're friends and that I can learn stuff from you.

    ReplyDelete