Joel's grandma, Helen Gautney, passed away on February 11th. It was somewhat unexpected, because she had just moved up to Boise to live with Joel's parents only the week before. Because she lived so far away up until her last week of life, my children only met her once, which was on our trip this summer to Cayucos, CA. This photo was taken there. I am so grateful that she got the opportunity to meet all of her great-grandkids, and that we were able to spend that tiny amount of time with her. If I hadn't had a miscarriage last summer, our baby's due date would have been February 11th. Granny was so concerned about me when it occurred, and we talked at length about our shared experiences of miscarriage.
*** Somewhat significant if I do say so myself. Maybe she got to greet our baby, since we couldn't do it ourselves. ***
Farewell for now Granny Gautney - You will be missed!
Sorry to hear that! I need to call Tami and visit more often. I feel so out of the loop being not in Kuna now! Hope your family is doing great!
ReplyDeleteI gave Tami a big hug at church on Sunday! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd it was good to see you again...if only for a few minutes. One of these times you come we are gonna have to get together and visit!