Thursday, December 17, 2009

DI ReVaMp comin' up!!!

Can I just say that thrift stores are a weakness for me? I went today simply to pick up a few books for a book exchange party we will be attending next week. 15 minutes later I found myself pushing a cart holding 2 new sizable projects to take home and redo. Yeah, I know, like I really need to add any more projects to the list, especially this week! I had to stop dead in my tracks when I saw this little treasure. Solid wood. Oozing potential. Charm galore. Destined to be either my kitchen island or a work table in my *dream* craft space. I was trying to calculate just how much I could actually spend on this one. I checked, and there was no price tag. Score. The manager let me have her for $15.00. I've already been to Lowes to pick out paint swatches and to get sandpaper. I even called Joel and giddily (yep. I made that one up) told him he could be done with my Christmas shopping because I had just found the piece de resistance! (Seriously, I'm such a nerd). It took every ounce of restraint to ONLY revamp the first two treasures today. Oh and FYI. Spray paint takes so much longer to dry when it's only 39 degrees out. ;) Here's the before...I'll have to show you the after after the gift recipients receive them!

That last one's a beauty, aint she? ;)

Oh, and please don't judge us by the state of our garage floor...I'll just cringe for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment