Thursday, September 15, 2011

Syd's first day of school

Welp. It's taken me a while to post these 'cuz I didn't want to actually admit that my little spark plug was old enough...She still seems so tiny!  Perhaps that's because she is tiny, but whatev. :) She was soooo excited.
And of course these guys were excited for her...
Ellie was a great big sister and explained how it all worked before the bell rang.
This just about made me die over how cute it was...Syd's little friend from church ran over and whisked her away to play...while holding hands. :)
Right after that, it kinda fell apart though.  She got nervous about the enormity of what was about to happen, and started crying...all the way until the classroom door. *bwahhhhh!* I was really nervous about how her day would go...But... 
When she got home I asked her to show me with her face how she felt about her first day of school.  This is what I got...
For the next week, she would get emotional in the mornings when it was time to say goodbye, but Ellie would take her by the hand and lead her in the doors, and she'd be just fine. I love sisters!!!
Oh, and for the record, Paige started preschool.  She is LOVING being a 'big kid'. :) The only bad part in her book is that she doesn't get to go every day just like her siblings.

1 comment:

  1. Paige has on two different flip flops. :)

    ReplyDelete