Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let them be little

I stood at the kitchen sink Sunday afternoon looking out the window. Joel was on the back porch with Sydney and Paige. I couldn't hear the conversation, but the girls were very animated. Joel had a look of pure interest and entertainment on his face. In that moment, I got a glimpse of why we do this. Why we chose have these beautiful children in our lives. They create pure bliss. They make the drudgery of daily tasks worthwhile. They remind me to take a look at the small details. They challenge me to be a better person. When I'm less than savory, they love me anyway. And I adore them with my whole heart. It's ginormous because of them.

(I have proof:)
It's okay to help little sisters with math homework...without being asked.
There is an art to showing littlest sis how to "look pretty"
 If there's a camera....
Hurry and jump in the frame, it makes every picture funnier.
And there is pure excitement in getting new clothes. :)

Oh how I adore being their mommy!

1 comment: