About two weeks ago, I came down the stairs to find a puddle on the floor right outside our basement bathroom. The puppy was in the house, so I thought it was from her. She was promptly booted out of the house, and said puddle cleaned thoroughly. 20 minutes later, I noticed a new puddle in the exact same spot...and looked up to find a steady drip-drip-drip coming out of the doorframe of the bathroom. *Heavy Sigh* Here we go again. We just (as in, like two weeks ago) had the heater completely stop working. We got it fixed for minor cost due to some amazing connections (THANK YOU!!!), and were doing a little dance to celebrate a huge disaster averted. Heh, heh. heh. And then the leak started. So we did some investigating, and found that there has been a leak coming from the tub surround, which wasn't properly caulked. Oh and, there's a giant rotten hole in the upstairs subfloor. And the door wouldn't close, at all. And the basement floor was popping up. And the sink we discovered, was leaking too. And, and, and...well, this is what is happening because of it all...
I love how he's still smiling in this one...
What the...where's my wall?
Oh, you mean the ceiling is coming down too???
This is what it looks like right this second...took nearly 8 hours to get it down to the bare bones.
That's my sink and toilet...and crawl space.
Need to turn on the light...no problem!
What's that you say? We're out of toilet paper? Just pass one down from upstairs!
Oh, and let's not forget upstairs...
That's my linen closet...or was.
Need to take a shower...heh, heh, go ahead and try. That lower corner of the picture is the edge of the tub, where all of the problems started...It's been leaking inside the wall for who knows how long, just waiting for the right time to show it's ugly little head. BUT, I'm choosing to look on the bright side. At least it didn't completely fall through the floor, like in the movie. Oh, and I 'get' (I'm using that term lightly) two practically brand new bathrooms out of the deal. Oh, and we get to celebrate all of the guys' hard work with a home roasted chicken...What more could a girl ask for??? :) Don't look too closely at my sweet street urchin of a child. She has a cold, and no way to bathe the yuckies off...And we're still smiling! I'll keep you posted on how both turn out...

I loved that movie.
ReplyDeleteI remember that movie, it's a good one! Sorry that you have to experience it in real life. Can't wait to see what the new bathrooms look like!:)
ReplyDeleteGood thing you have a handy father-in-law...and Hubby too.
ReplyDelete