Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Calgon, take me away

My mom used to say that tongue-in-cheek phrase whenever she was about to lose it with stress.  I remember thinking it was such an odd saying.  How in the world is a bubble bath going to take you away???  Well, I'm thinking it might be a worthwhile experiment right about now.  I'm literally ready to give back a certain little puppy, burn down a money pit house with all of it's 'charming' fix ups, scream at a pediatrician who won't listen to me, and return an appliance to RC Willey by way of throwing it through their front window. Okay, okay. I'm not going to do any of those things, but sometimes it just feels better to say it, even if you don't mean it.  Right, right?   (this is the part in a picture book where the character stands there with a big frown on her face and a dark cloud above her head...)

Dang it.   I know I'm not right.  How come that little voice whispers at that moment when all you want to do is be mad? 
 These little eyes are watching everything I do. 

And this guy carries it all on his shoulders with strength and admirable courage.
And he loves me, mood swings and all.
Double dang it.
I guess I can't be mad when I really am so blessed.  

Who needs Calgon, anyway???  I suppose I could always go take a bath in the sea of laundry in Haddon's room right now...it might elicit some of those little laughs that I absolutely live for. :) <3 <3  

4 comments:

  1. You are always going to love the photos of all those eyes. :) You're fabulous, and I think the world of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You are such an amazing example to me! YOU ARE DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwe...the reality check that we are all NORMAL...!! You are such a great mom...and yes those eyes ARE watching...watching you do an AWESOME job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are wonderful, one of the most amazing mothers I know!

    ReplyDelete