For 1 foam wreath, you'll need the following:
*1 large box of plain straight pins (JoAnn's, abt. $2)
*1/4-1/2 yard felt off the bolt - not sheets (JoAnn's, abt. $1.50-$2.50 on sale - I wanted mine extra full, so used more than 1/4)
*Sharp fabric scissors
*1 1/2" circle template (I traced a milk jug cap onto chipboard)
* ribbon for hanging
I never counted how many circles were needed - just filled up the 1/4 yard of felt with the tracings of circles using a bic pen. *I did just find a tip that might make this go faster. I haven't tried it, so let me know how it works if you do try it: Using a cap that is the right size, dip it on a rubber stamp pad and stamp onto your fabric. This would make the tracing go very quickly! I would try just a few first to make sure the ink doesn't smear when cutting...just sayin'. With either method, make sure to keep the circles as close together as possible, to reduce wasting fabric, and trim off any ink that might show. This takes FOREVER to cut out...so you can either do a little as you work, or if you're like me, cut them ALL out before you start pinning. Like I said before, great activity for sitting on your bum watching all of those addictive TV series that have just started! Once they're cut out, you're ready to make the wreath. Take a felt circle, and fold it in half. Push a pin through right at the center of the crease. Then fold it in half again. It will resemble a little flower. Push the pin into the foam wreath. That's it. Easy huh? Then just repeat a million more times - spacing them 1/4 to 1/2" apart. Leave the back of the foam unpinned so it will lay flat - I just laid it down on the table to check that the foam didn't show. Make it as full as you'd like with all of those beautiful ruffly circles, and then hang it with a ribbon. Then hang it somewhere where everyone will ooh and ahh over the hard work you put into it! :)

I love this wreath! I am totally going to make it... one of these days :) Yours is BEAUTIFUL Angie!
ReplyDeleteI DID IT!!! Several people signed up to make these at our craft week and mine turned out great!! It was very tedious and took a while...but yet so simple. I pinned mine like the lady on the tutorial and it turned out beautiful! Perfect project for catching up on Project Runway episodes. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks again!
xoxo