On May 28th of this year my honey was laid off from his company with no warning. We had just found out that sweet baby #5 was on her way. (Literally, 2 days earlier!) It was the start of something. Undoubtedly we (I) thought it was a wicked, horrible, awful, no good, rotten, start to something. But with a little bit of time, which, I'm not gonna lie, seemed like an eternity, it has turned out to be the biggest blessing our family could have hoped for. Fruitless job interviews and relentless hunts for the perfect job seemed to lead nowhere. But we threw ourselves headfirst into (sometimes false) optimism. Something good was gonna happen...it HAD to. To our elation, it worked. He started work today, after 4 months of unemployment, at a new position. It promises to be the job he could never have dreamed possible. I know it sounds hokey, but I've had a scripture taped to my fridge where I would be forced to realize it's meaning daily throughout this ordeal. I just read it again, and it stopped me in my tracks.
Proverbs 3:5-10 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes; fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase; So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
This passage of scripture is what we lived by. Prayers truly are answered. :) And now we have the start of something new...something beautiful, wonderful, and cheerful. WAHOO! ;)
quiet time.
10 years ago

Angie, you are wonderful!!! I am so happy for you guys :)
ReplyDeleteAngie, I am so happy for you guys. I hope that everything goes good for joel in his new position. I am a firm believe that no matter what the trial it always works out, its just in the lords time not always ours! You are awesome! I just wish his new job was back here in Idaho, we miss you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad that things have worked out for you!! I know that when we have had business trouble, we have felt irresponsible for bringing a child into the world during such inconsistancy and frankly the unknown. All things work out with faith...!! You know that...and you kept it...good for you!!
ReplyDelete