Friday, August 27, 2010

Playing Summer Catch-Up: Our "new" pool



A couple days after school let out, Ellie would not quit begging me to let them go outside and swim in our pool.  I kept telling her that our wading pool had not made it through the winter, and that there was no way she'd be able to put water in it.  She'd just have to be happy with the sprinkler.  She insisted over and over that we did have one.  So, I finally told her to go ahead and pull it out, figuring that once she had seen the holes in it, the matter would be settled.  A little while later I heard squeals of laughter, and went out to find all of the kids playing in our "new" pool...and running through the sprinklers.  It was short-lived, so I grabbed my cell phone and shot these pics.  Ellie and Paige had a blast   "swimming" until their lips turned blue from the cold.  I guess Ellie showed me! (Sorry about the picture layout...I can't figure out how to make cell phone pics do what I want them to!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment