Saturday, January 23, 2010

Progress!

Friday night as we were headed to bed, the question was posed "What are we going to do tomorrow?" Joel turned to me and said, "I know you really want this, so let's get started on the 'crap' room."
YIPPEE! That's all I needed to hear. We spent the next two hours discussing what exactly we would do the next day. At 8 am, I was up clearing out the 'crap'...and moving it out into the garage. I'm sure Joel is thrilled. He never let on though. :) By 10 we were doing demolition. If you could only see how big my smile was. HUGE. We had to take some pictures. Enjoy!
Dismantling the weird bunk bed.
Who uses a hollow core door as plywood anyway???
Now to take out that pesky wall...and deck thingy.
Taking down the wall. So therapeutic. (And fun)!
We tore up the carpet...and found nasty linoleum tiles that were glittery purple and gold.
That just had to go! Joel said the floor scraper is the best tool he's ever bought.
I've never seen anyone so excited to tear up glued tiles!
Which led us to the bare bones room it is now. The cement is black because of the glue used on the floor. No matter, we'll cover it with something pretty, we're undecided as to what! We "just" need to fill in about a million nail holes in the drywall, patch the hole in the ceiling, prime and paint, and put down flooring and baseboards. It can only go up from here!!! (YAY)!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a project, good job you guys! I can't wait to see how things turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Congrats! I know whatever you guys do it will be amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so exciting!I'm excited to see what you do with it. What color(s) are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete