So I decided to try it next. I haven't been since a teen, and MAN AM I OUT OF SHAPE! Notice who is going up again, to my left. For anyone who knows, resting a knee on the wall, not exactly a pro maneuver. Ellie zips right past me as I struggle with the outcrop. We rang the bells at the top together, and then rappelled down together. Wheeeeeee! That's 2 times for Ellie now.
Paige (and Syd) were just having a blast playing on the mats. Aunt Nicci decided to get in on the climbing next. Ellie, completely stoked, jumps on the climb mom had just finished. IT WAS HARD...and she went at it anyway. Nicci got to the top, and claimed victory over the wall. Woo-woo!
Ellie zipped over the outcrop faster than any of us could blink...the one it took me 5 minutes to maneuver mind you, and rang the bell for climb #3. She got down, and wanted to climb the rope ladder. This thing was missing rungs...she's a little daredevil I tell you! Joel decides he wants to try. While he starts his climb, Ellie free hangs 50+ feet up in the air and tells the climbing instructor who is bellaying her - "I want to come down FAAAASSSSST!" Climb #4. Crazy I tell ya! We're all amazed at this point, including the climbing instructors, because, let me tell you, my forearms were spent after only one climb.
Joel put me to shame, and zipped over the outcrop I struggled over...of course. Then he decided to be a show off ;) and climb the hardest one. While we were all watching Joel be the mighty man, Ellie decided she wanted to go AGAIN. #5 climb for her. We practically had to pry her off the wall to leave...she kept begging us to "climb just one more time". Such a fun outing. I'm so proud that both Haddon and Ellie conquered their fears, and Ellie just plain shocked us with her spidy woman ways! (Thanks for the fun outing Erik and Nicci!)

No comments:
Post a Comment