Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hey Ya'll

Looks like the slump has lasted longer than anticipated! No, really. We've all got colds today, and that news we were waiting for came back. No go. Bummer. We were so excited about the prospects! I just figure that the Lord must have something in store for us. I mean, why else would we have been prompted 4 years ago to sell our house in Boise. We had no plans of changing jobs, and had no idea where to go once the house sold. But we did it anyway. Then, out of nowhere, Joel got a job offer in Murray, Utah. It just goes to show that God knows much more than he's telling us, and that faith on our part is integral in life! For some unknown reason, we are supposed to be where we are now. :) Possibly to enjoy good friends a bit longer. ;) Joel thinks it's because he hasn't finished all of the honey-do's on the house...I'll settle for that reason!

On a side note, I made fudge the other day. Heavenly, soft, mallowy milk chocolate fudge . It's positively sinful! I tried to get rid of it at the Joy School Christmas Pageant we held at our house last night. Everyone ate and ate, but there's still half a pan of the stuff left. I think I'm going to make it into dipped chocolates today...heaven help my hips! I also made 7 dozen cinnamon rolls for Joel's office last Wednesday and I'm glad to say I stopped eating at one. Sad to say though, that's all the baking I've done so far this week. (Sorry for not sharing Dad...but I've got some fun stuff in store for you next week!) I did find the most heavenly food blog though and there's a few treats that I'm going to attempt today. One includes four layers of different cookie dough. The Holidays have officially arrived for me! (YAY!)

By the way - Syd played the part of Mary in the pageant. She was so serious, it cracked us all up! We took video of it...but all we have is a dinousaur that won't allow me to download it to the site. Just picture giant blue eyes, blonde hair cloaked in a pink headdress, and complete solemnity. Adorable.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the job and that you all have colds. I am glad that you are getting into the Christmas baking spirit though :) The world needs your delicious food!!! I love you Ang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose to believe that it's because we need you to make us feel like we have to come to church each week. Sure, most people go for the spiritual aspect, but we go to see your cute family.

    ReplyDelete