Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DI Revamp #1

So...I haven't allowed myself to even touch the table, but this little cutie was just begging to be shared with you. I'm kind of looking forward to the girls' getting their gift Christmas day so that I can play with it too! Remember this $5.00 thrift store find?I redid it for the two little girls who are OBSESSED with dollies right now. So, here's what I did. I used a $2.00 can of Krylon red gloss spray paint and gave her a pretty new coat of paint. Then I found a square of foam for $5.00 at the store, and trimmed it to the right size for the bed. At this point, the girls discovered the bed, and commandeered it. I let them have at it, since I figured there was no way I'd be dragging the whole bed up to Boise for our annual Christmas trek. :) They've been completely thrilled with it as is. But of course, I had other plans! (Bwah-ah-ah!)
Tonight after they went to bed, I took an old fitted sheet that had lost it's elasticity, and redid it into a mini fitted sheet - so that it can be taken off and washed every once in a while. :)
And I found some long forgotten cherry flannel tucked away in my stash, and made a blanket and matching pillowcase to put on the pillow that I made out of extra sheet material and some batting I had on hand. 2 hours of work and $12.00 was all it took to make a gift for my girls. Joel loves it, but thinks I'm crazy. What do you think? :)

2 comments: