I think I've lost momentum on this accountability goal - but I still want to keep things cookin'! I just needed some new inspiration.
This kind of helped. A friend in the ward asked me if I'd be willing to sew a few superhero capes that could be sold in a cancer benefit booth at an upcoming street fair. Sure- easy peasy I said! I ended up making 5 reversible batman/superman capes. It was a new thing for me to applique felt on the sewing machine - but the end result was pretty cool, even if somewhat tedious. Now all of my kids have a wish list for their capes. That should keep me busy for a little while!

Wow those look really good! my kids have been wanting capes for a long time now, I guess I will have to buckle down and read my sewing machine instruction book. Although I must ask how did you get those symbols to look so perfect?
ReplyDelete