Monday, April 20, 2009

Vegas Baby!

No, not A Vegas-baby. Although we have gotten a lot of questions about that. I'm not crazy enough to have 3 kids under 3 years old! Trust me. I'm not super mom.

No, I finally got our pictures from the trip back. I remember now what it is I love about digital. I do love aspects of film, like when this happens. But I don't like the part where you're really excited to get those little envelopes full of 24 or so beautiful, full color, vivid photos that completely relive your experience on paper. Only to be disappointed by shadowy pictures that kind of resemble something you took a photo of. Thank heavens for modern technology, and the way it enables those who are not Ansel Adams. Of course, I opted to have my film transferred to CD so that I could load to my hearts' content, but the CD's aren't working for some reason. So, you get good old scanned photos. Here we go!
Our room - super nice except for the fraternity boys (one can only guess!) rooming on either side of ours. I had to double check the pass through door more than a few times to make sure it was locked. They kept trying to open their side to come into our room. Grr.
Mmmm - buffet+vacation=eat whatever the heck we wanted! This was for both of us to share, I swear!
If you're not gambling (which we weren't!), you've gotta go shopping. I was tempted by these.
This was inside the Venetian - all of the shops carried Italian wares. This shop had authentic masks and costumes used in the theatre. We were looking around inside when one of the life sized 'mannequins' in full costume/mask grabbed my arm. I screamed like my life depended on it. I think the guy gets a rise out of most, but not like that. He and Joel couldn't quit giggling once he went back to his 'still-pose'. Ha.Ha. I felt pretty foolish.
The Siren cove ship where they do the show outside our hotel, Treasure Island. I must put a disclaimer on this one for Joel. I MADE him pose like that. Sure, dear. :)
This was taken inside Caesar's Palace. Disclaimer time FOR ME. No, that's not a baby house, just a really awkward pose.
We had to sneak a pic inside the Mystere theater. I chickened out once the show actually started. But there are some really cool video clips here about the show. Every single aspect of the show was live. The musicians and the performers were unbelievable. I was really sad for it to end.
Us outside the theater the next day.
Our last day there we had a few hours between checkout and our flight, so we did a bit more sight seeing. This was a gardeners paradise inside the Bellagio. It was overflowing with tulips of every single type imaginable. The little building in the background was a butterfly enclosure that you could walk through. There were streams of water shooting over the walkway in wide arcs. Not thinking, I reached into one of them, and sprayed myself and anyone else within a 3 foot radius. Duh Andge. :) It was still amazing though.
We found English leather dress shoes for $4 a pair at FAO Schwartz, so we bought 8 pairs in any size we could find. Paige ADORES them, and couldn't wait to try them on. All of them.

Huge thanks go to My parents for watching the kids, and of course Joel's work for the free trip. It's all we can do to keep from daydreaming too much about our next solo trip....

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh! Just the two of you on vacation! It's truly wonderful to get away. Looks like you had a fantastic time. By the way, I think you should have bought the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Lynetter, I shoulda bought the hat. It would have looked awesome with my Britney Spears wannabe outfit!

    ReplyDelete