Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hidden Treasure

Don't you just love it when a treasure turns up that you didn't even know about? Approximately two years ago we traded in our archaic film cameras for a shiny, pretty, fancy digital camera. We were so excited about all of the bells and whistles, that our trusty film cameras got stashed in a closet somewhere without another thought. Just recently, when Joel wanted to take our, ahem, expensive, digital camera with him on his hiking trip, I told him NOOOO! You can take film. So, he dug out those trusty little film cameras, and lo and behold, 2 undeveloped mystery rolls of film were discovered in the bag along with them. It was like we had discovered gold. So you can imagine, I was thrilled to find pictures of Christmas '06, a trip to the museum with Grandpa and Grandma, a family night sledding, a visit from my little brother who lives in Hawaii, pictures of our favorite apartment in Salt Lake, and, and, and...lots more. I had forgotten how exciting it was to get that roll of film back from the developer, and how I couldn't wait to flip through all of the bad photos to find the great ones. I am a girl who loves technology, but sometimes I wonder if I'm going to sound crazy when I talk to my kids about the 'technology' of my youth. For example, I pulled out all of my old Barbies and her accesories for Ellie to play with recently, and among all of the whatnots, there was a tiny telephone, with a turnstile dial and a cord. Ellie couldn't figure out what it was. Geesh. It really makes me wonder how much things will be different 10 years from now! At any rate, my archaic roll of film did produce what could be my all time favorite picture ever...

This is me with Sydney when she was about 6 mos old - the same age as Paige! Man, time needs to slow down!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo! I'd like to see the ones from my visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture!!!
    I found an entire bag of film (10+ rolls) when we cleaned out the garage last week. But since it was in the HOT garage and not a nice cool closet or something, who knows how many wedding and honeymoon pics we lost. I'm still going to try getting it developed to see what turns out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning angie!:)
    The photographer in me adores it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love that about film cameras! Digital photography is fun to manipulate and all- but deep down, I have so much more love and respect for good old black and white film processing. The photo of you and Sydney is so precious. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete