Thursday, March 5, 2009

Accountability #2

Is almost done....I made a slouch purse from a wool blazer in the stash. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It still needs embellishments...because grey wool is OH SO EXCITING. (Not really). I wanted there to be some way that you could tell that it was repurposed, so I incorporated the 'sewed-shut' pockets into the handle. Why do they do that by the way? It's kind of hip looking. It actually got an approval from the hubby. He's a hard one to win over that one! He didn't care for the first project. Although Ellie wore the shirt to school yesterday, and her BFF wanted me to make her a matching one. Woo hoo! At least I've won over the 5-6 year old range! I'll post a picture of the purse tomorrow once I finish the flowers...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it will be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete