Here's the first one! I went through the giant bag right after my last post, and found one of my Mom's old blouses with cute floral fabric. I turned it into a shirt for Ellie using an old pattern that Joel's Mom Tami used to use for her little girls 20+ years ago. Okay, so maybe it started out as a dress for Sydney, but MAN, pattern sizes do NOT match reality sizes! It was HUGE on Syd, even though the size said 2T. Despite a little change in plans, 2 1/2 hours later, it turned out kind of cute. The learning curve is huge though, let me tell you! I think I owe my Mom an apology for not being more patient when she tried to teach me sewing with patterns oh so many years ago. :) Sorry Mom! All I remember from that dreaded corduroy skirt you taught me on was that
I thought it was too long, and when I finally did wear it to school (8th grade), I rolled the waistline a few times to make it shorter. Ahhh, memories. At any rate, this was definitely my first attempt. My goal is to make things that don't LOOK homemade. We'll see how that goes. Let me know what you think!

The back of the blouse became the front of the shirt - with the pockets and stripe added for flair.
The buttons from the original blouse now go up the back - Ellie loves it! "Eh" says Mom.
Oh, and here's proof. She DOES walk! :)

And this is what we see just before she triumphantly collapses in our lap!
SO cute!!! You are seriously the most talented person I know... I am not just saying that, you really are.
ReplyDeleteVery Cute! You are amazing! :D
ReplyDelete