We went up to the Midway house again this weekend. It was so nice to just relax and spend time with the fam. I think I enjoyed the whole weekend more because we got to leave behind the broken water heater (now fixed) with its accompanying frigid water temperatures, and clogged beyond home repair downstairs toilet. There's something about being detached from home and the responsibilities that come with it. It makes it okay to just 'be lazy' and play with the kids. We didn't really do anything special. Lots of movies, board games, ping pong, hide and go seek, exploring historic Park City, and just plain lolly-gagging. We invited Annie and Dennis up for the entire weekend, and they watched the kids Saturday evening so that Joel and I could go on a much needed date. Dinner and a movie never felt so nice! It was great to just have grown up conversation and good food that I didn't have to cook! (Not to mention a chance to hold my honey's hand without an "Ew, gross"). I'm still debating over whether I liked the movie we saw, which was 'Taken'. It was kind of depressing subject matter, but hold your breath the whole time suspenseful. At any rate, with so much time to just relax and enjoy the fam, we had lots of time to pay attention to the cute things the kids said and did. Particularly Sydney. She still (and probably always will) enjoys the spotlight, so when something she says or does makes everyone laugh, she has to take it to the next level. A few examples:
The conversation was about her needing to go to the bathroom before leaving for Park City. Haddon asked her "Syd, can you poop on demand?"
Her response: "No, Had, I can't poop on da'man!"
The couches at the house are microsuede - which produces a ton of static on little fair haired kiddos. She looked like this a lot of the time.
Every chance she got, she would get right up in your face, make sure you were looking at her, and say "Ringy ding-ee!" and then run away.
Annie and Dennis offered to bring up Saturday's dinner. When they arrived, they had Stouffer's Meat Lasagne, salad, and Jello. Friday night's dinner that we brought was Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagne, salad, and Jello. As a result of all the lasagne floating around, Sydney kept saying "Ya-yawn-zuh" over and over again. I took the time to sound it out properly for her "Lu - Zawn - Ya" and she would look me in the eye and say "Ya - Yawn - Zuh" with an exasperated face. Joel asked her to say Tortellini, Alfredo, and Ravioli, which she did nearly perfectly, and then asked her to say Lasagna. "YA - YAWN - ZUH!!!"
When it was her (self-appointed) turn to be the seeker in hide and go seek, she would go in the kitchen, hide her eyes, and loudly count "1,2,3,20,10,9,8,eleventy,60,3,100. I gonna git youuuuu!" and then run crazily all around the house not really looking for anyone.
So. Stinkin. Cute.
Oh. And never play ping pong against Dennis if you aren't up for some STRONG competition. Nuff said.

That sounds like SO much fun! Matt and I saw the movie Taken, I agree with you, I liked it but it was kind of depressing at the same time, still fun action though. Sydney is so adorable, I can't wait to see you guys again :)
ReplyDeleteSo what do I have to do to get an invite to the fun house? J/K glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete