We've all been sick, again, of course. I am usually pretty good at nursing everyone back to wellness. But, (insert whininess here) I'm so done! Where is the rule written that Mom's don't get to be sick. I'm struggling with the same sinus headache that the whole rest of the family has, but I still have to make the meals, ready the kids, clean the house, and do it with a happy disposition. Wah. Poor me. Ok, enough wallowing. I love my family to pieces - so I will serve with a smile! (At least halfway, kind of)! I did have to laugh though yesterday, when Joel freaked out in the bathroom. I went to find out what was wrong, and he said "Who blew their nose in the washcloth!!! There's green crud all over it." He didn't know that one of the painting rags had accidentally gone in the bathroom closet. Green paint apparently looks to him like the toxic drainage we've all been dealing with! Yuck. But funny.
On a happier, lighter note, Paige is walking now! We went to dinner/FHE with some friends last night, and they all wanted to know when she started walking. I'm the bad Mom who didn't write down the exact date, but it was sometime last week. ***Edit to Add: Andrea pointed out that it was on Feb. 12th while she was visiting. Thank you Andrea!***She has totally taken off. The adorable, wobbly, hands in the air, big grin on her face, fall down after 4 or 5 steps kind. With the walking has come climbing. ON EVERYTHING. I keep praying that she'll slow down long enough for me to catch her if (*when*) she falls. Which of course happens a lot. I couldn't bear another hospital trip right now! She does better when she has something in her hand. For some reason it gives her a false sense of security. At any rate, it is adorable to watch her beam with excitement at her big-girl trick. So Cute!
quiet time.
10 years ago

That just stinks Angie! Sorry about the yucks! That was funny about the toxic drainage! Hope you all feel better soon! PS...... I still don't get the coupon thing! You need to teach a lesson via blog post!
ReplyDelete