Saturday, February 21, 2009

Coupons Rock!

I went shopping today, and used my newfound coupon skills. I'm going to be a total geek and show you a picture of what I got. (I know, I know, but it's just so exciting). I finally did it the right way!


Here's what I got for just over $50.00:

10 large boxes of General Mills cereal
10 assorted boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks
10 boxes of Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie mix
5 boxes cake mix
5 tubs of frosting
4 bottles salad dressing
2 cans of olives
4 pounds butter
4 loaves of bread
2 bags of chips

After all of this, I walked away with a coupon good for $10.00 towards my next purchase at Alby's. I love being able to buoy-up our food stores on such a small budget! I did it with the help of this website, which is for Utah shoppers. Thanks Ku'uipo and grocery smarts!

4 comments:

  1. So, how much did you end up saving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The total before savings would have been $188.73. I spent $58.11. That's a savings of $130.02. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you even put the food labels forward and arranged them for the picture... nerd :P But on a serious note, I sure wish I could walk out of a Maui grocery store with out spending $50 on a single bag of groceries...

    ReplyDelete