I love the movie Hope Floats...which I got to watch this weekend. The grandma in the movie always says "My cup runneth over" - and I completely agree! Mine does too. We enjoyed our trip 'home' too much again...and today are resisting the urge to pack up all of our belongings and move in with our parents!!! Wednesday we drove 'home' to Boise, and headed to Joel's parents' - and had a late night chowder dinner with the Hallberg's and my parents. Then we broke bread for stuffing, a family tradition, and visited until late into the night. The next day, Joel went bird hunting with the Thueson men while my Mom and I prepared the feast of all feasts. At 1 my siblings and my Mom's side of the family arrived (Love those guys/girls!), and we ate, and played, and talked, played checkers, and ate some more, until 4 when we left for the Hallberg's where we ate, again. :) After dinner there, the extended family came over for dessert (Love those guys/girls!), and we ate some more. I think we ate our weight in food that day, and for the record Jim-Dad, it WAS your best stuffing ever! YuMmY! Friday, we poured over the Black Friday ads, but never went shopping, stayed in our PJ's until noon, and sent Joel off to the BSU game with his Dad, while I made a Winco run and took the kids to visit their cousins. That night, Paige decided to scream for no apparent reason from 11:30 to 4:00 in the morning. It made for a very rough morning getting to Annie's bridal shower Saturday, but we made it - and it was great...the food and the shower! Joel took the kids hiking down at Swan Falls while we were at the party, and then we headed over to visit with my grandparents and siblings(Sorry we missed you Erik, Nicci, and Savanna!) From there we headed back to Joel's parents for leftovers and a chance to spend time with Julie and Eli...and stuff wedding invitations. :) Sunday, we got ready at my parent's house, and went to church in the 11th ward. The speakers were wonderful, but ended a few minutes early. As is tradition in the ward, the bishop stood to invite a few people from the congregation to bear their testimonies. I was elbowing Joel and snickering over how he was going to get called up, when I heard my name. U..buh.wuh..huh?!? I grew up in the ward and Joel and I had our first house in the ward for 3 years before moving to Salt Lake. I guess I had it coming! We left sacrament to pack up and head home. Boo. NO FUN. We miss everyone soooo much! When we were leaving yesterday afternoon, both Haddon and Ellie cried all the way to Mountain Home because we had to leave. For those of you who don't know...that's 45 minutes of heartbreaking sniffles and sobs! Talk about making a parent feel horrible! We must find a way to get back there for good. It's so not fair to do that to our kids every time we leave. We do, however, love our ward and friends here, which makes it a little bit easier on this end!
A few pics from the weekend - We didn't take a ton simply cuz we were having too much fun!

Ellie and Cousin Kim - WE LOVE THE CONLEY GIRLS!

Adam taught Had how to play checkers - and it became the fave thing to do!

Ellie and Aubrey - cousins who LOVE to be girls together. Nice manicures girls!

Say cheese! And unbutton your jeans - it's food time! :)

The infamous kids table - but these kids don't mind one bit!

Laura and Kari - Cute Cuz's

Toilet Paper is soo Haute for brides!

Sydney can't get enough Grampa time

Paige - just cuz' she's cute!

Why yes, I do flowers. Would you like to see my portfolio? bwah-ah-ah!
Please don't ask to see my portfolio...I was just being a dork! I do family and close friends...no pro here!
ReplyDeleteWho is the Bishop in 11th these days? Last I heard it was Andrus...but that was forever ago!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been back since I got married, except to speak to the YW that time with you and Alicia. Fun times!
I love the cute pictures! I am glad that you guys had a fun weekend! I love Thanksgiving too for the same reason of getting to spend lots of time with family! I agree, you need to find a way back to Boise! The sooner the better!!! :) We miss you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteMegan B.
I'm glad you had fun and EXTRA GLAD you came back! I worry every time you leave it is going to be for good! I hope for my sake that never happens!!!!
ReplyDelete