Sunday, November 23, 2008

*TwiIiGhT*

The movie. WOO. HOO. I Loved it. I had a question though, for all of you. Fans or Not-fans. Is there really anything wrong with some lighthearted fun? In Sunday school today, one of the "Blue Hairs" (as we lovingly call the row of elderly widows in our ward) pretty much ripped apart anyone who would even participate in such an abomination of a book/movie. Geesh. My girlfriends and I went to the show last night. I fully recognize that vampires and wherewolves aren't gospel relevant nor do they even exist. I have not been brainwashed. I'm not going to leave my husband for some guy who will watch me while I sleep. I do, however, love that these books show a couple who shares a strong connection gained through good old fashioned communication and hard knocks, albeit through vampire downfalls. It doesn't hurt that it's a strong *clean* romance chock full of adventure and suspense. I say there's nothing wrong with a little lighthearted fun, as long as you don't get carried away!

8 comments:

  1. Amen Sista~! You said it percectly! And I love the "BlueHairs"! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie yet, we usually get them a little later here... but I love the books. Just finished the last one last night. It's good clean fun. If the blue hairs think vampires and warewolves are abominable, maybe they should think about the tooth-fairy, Santa, and the Easter Bunny... all light hearted fun... right? They just needed something to complain about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm happy to hear that I didn't have to find a smart response to that as the Sunday School teacher. You've got to admit that they worry so much about all of us young bucks though probably because they do really like us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know they really like us...I really love the ones I've gotten to know! I just get frustrated when they forget what it's like to be young and have little ones, and need to get 'away'...You know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. K I really need to start reading these books and see what all the fuss is about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Went and saw Twilight for the second time today! It was still good!;) Just curious, but why haven't we seen the 10 things for Ellie & Paige? Or did I msis them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it was a fun movie. The blue hair is just jealuos because she probable can't see well enough to read or see the movie, just ignore her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your friend Claire. They're just jealous :)

    ReplyDelete