1. Your flexibility. Not the kind in the photo above, although that is a feat in and of itself, but how willing you are to bend with the changes that life throws you. For instance, Mom and Dad making you change schools, or move from your home and extended family to a strange city. You have been a willing participant in all of our family adventures!
2. Your generosity to those around you. Even when you were very little, you wanted to share whatever you had.
3. Your desire to learn. You constantly amaze me with the things that you seek out the answers to. You truly are an example to me.
4. Your desire to learn about the gospel. It never ceases to amaze me how much a 7 year old can teach his parent.
5. Your complete and undying faithfulness to sports. Ahem.BSU. Although I'm not much of a fan, your Dad is, and he couldn't have a better partner to enjoy them with!
6. The way you love me. Although most boys your age are too cool to hold their Mom's hand, you're not. And you take my side without fail over Dad and Mom's silly disagreements. I hate to break it to you kiddo, Mom is not always right. Don't tell your Dad I said that though :).
7. How kind you are. You are always the first to apologize to your sisters or share your candy without me having to ask.
8. How you look like my Dad when he was little. So handsome.
9. Your love for all things boy. I love that I get to experience that with you.
10. That you are musically inclined. I always said there was something about a boy who can sing or play piano. We'll be sure to get you lessons!

What a sweet boy! I was a bit taken back at the picture! I had to re-focus my eyes! Yep, those are his feet behind his head!
ReplyDelete