Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh. No.

I'm not sure if I should share this story, but I think all parents have experiences with their little ones swearing for the first time...right?!? Let me preface this with the statement that cable is awful...not Daddy. Nuff said. This morning I had Sydney up on the bathroom counter while I did her hair. The following conversation ensued:
Syd: In a singsong voice "Mommy, Oh sit. Oh sit."
Me: "Honey, you are sitting.
Syd: "No MOM...Oh sh@&!"
Me: (Completely alarmed, of course!) Sydney! We don't say that word. Where did you learn that?"
Syd: Her face completely innocent. "Daddy."

I had to call Joel at work to clear things up. :) It really wasn't his fault. Sydney got a hold of the remote last night and was flipping through stations, and somehow managed to land on a movie station where teenage boys were swearing. The channel was quickly changed, but apparently it's effects were permanent. I-yie-yie! Let's just say that the parental controls will be on permanently from this point on!!!

3 comments:

  1. Karina's first time was playing a rhyming game....Sit, hit, fit, bit..you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been worse, ever done the little rhyme: "skyler, bo byler, banana fana fo fyler, me, my mo myler, Skyler." (or applicable to your kids name) Well imagine doing it with any random word. Skyler did that once and I think she started with Truck, which leads to the F word! And this was like 6 months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our friend's daughter is still learning to make the 'tr' sound. She substitutes an 'f'. They've evidently had quite the time trying to teach her what daddy drives.

    ReplyDelete