Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Haddon's 7th birthday was Thursday. I can't believe how my baby has grown! We had a fun breakfast, sent him off to school with lunch money (which is a treat), and then had a party with 7 of his friends that evening. I love how funny a large group of kids can be. We started out the party with some basketball, kickball, and a football toss. Over pizza and popcorn, they told jokes, trying to one up each other. I wish I could remember some of the jokes they came up with - pretty hilarious! When I brought out the basebal cupcake-cones, the boys were in heaven. It was probably only 50 degrees out once the sun began to set, but the boys insisted on staying outside to play ball and have their balloon creations made (Thanks again, Zach!) At bedtime, Haddon told us that his 'Happy Thought' from the day was the whole day - he couldn't have had a better day. GO MOM! We each tell our favorite part of the day, or happy thought, at family prayer. It's our attempt to get them thinking happy things so that we don't have night terrors. It works! Of course, he got a haul from family and friends. Thanks everyone! Aunt Mandy and Uncle Jason sent Haddon a gift card to WalMart, wich accidentally went through the dryer, and curled up into a tight little roll. We went to WalMart last night, and luckily they exchanged it for a new gift card without any problem. Who knew that a dryer would have that effect on a gift card! We ended up getting him some new video games and legos. He wants to save the rest of his birthday money for 'something big' he says. I'm not sure what else that little boy could need! Happy birthday Haddon!

1 comment:

  1. looks like the party was a big success angie! Happy Birthday Haddon! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete