Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fire Station Field Trip

I had the chance to go to the fire station with Ellie's class last Wednesday. It was so cute to be around all of the little kindergartners. Mrs. L. is an amazing teacher who loves her kids. But, if any one even said one thing that would start chaos, she would nip it in the bud. Within the first five minutes, one of the boys was told he would stay back with the 1st graders if he had one more warning. Yikes! If I were the teacher, I would have a hard time not laughing at all of the things that come out of their mouths! They loved walking to the station, and getting to meet firemen Steve and Nick. They taught them all about fire safety, and not being scared of a fireman if ever you need rescue. Ellie wouldn’t let up until we had made a family safety plan put in place that night. At least we know what to do if there’s ever a fire! Hopefully I'll get to help out more with field trips. So fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment