Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sydney the Parrot


We've all been enjoying how many words Syd has learned. It's so cute to hear her tiny little voice! Friends have even commented on what a little parrot she is. She'll repeat a lot of what people are saying, as practice I guess. The other night however, we realized that she picks up on everything she hears. Dinner was ready, and Haddon and Ellie were downstairs, so Sydney took it upon herself to call them to dinner. "Had, Mellie, get your butt's up here." And then a few moments later when they didn't come, "HAD! E-LLIE! GET YOUR BUTT'S UP HERE!!!" I swear I've taught them all not to use that word! In our house, it's 'bum' - and I could never have said it in just that way, could I? Daddy....:) Oh, how I have my work cut out for me!

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing what you don't realize you are saying until your child repeats it and/or brings it up later. Like the time Owen got right up in Audrey's face and said, "STOP CRYING!" Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just be glad it wasn't a really bad swear word! Skyler has said multiple naughty words when at Grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls are both in that stage too!! I have really had to watch what I say! I have two parrots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really brings back memories!! I remember an adorable little girl standing with her hands on her hips and shaking her head, saying "Oh, you boys!!!"

    ReplyDelete