It's becoming a very familiar thing to me. At about 9:30 every night while Joel and I relax downstairs, scuffles and bumps can be heard above our heads in the girls' room. It's my sign to RUN - unless I want to "clean up" after Ellie has made her own bathroom. My beautiful little girl doesn't bedwet - I want to make that clear. She gets out of bed, and as far as she's concerned, goes to the bathroom in the proper place, and then goes back to sleep without a care in the world. At last count, this has happened too late 3 or 4 times now. The edge of the bed is a favorite. Once it was while leaning against the wall. If I do recognize the signs, and make it up the two flights of stairs in time to catch her, she is completely asleep, but MUST go to the bathroom immediately. Without sounding like I enjoy this (because I don't!) my personal favorite was tonight. I caught her bumping repeatedly into the corner in Haddon's room, while mumbling something about the door not opening. She had turned on Haddon's bedroom light, and he slept through the whole thing. I'm sure this has happened to many people through the ages, but should I be worried? Let's just hope that this doesn't scar Ellie for life...like it did Uncle Chad with the weight bench incident. The poor guy will never live that one down!
Poor Ellie, it can be so hard growing up.
ReplyDeleteFound a website to calm your fears...
ReplyDeletehttp://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sleep/sleepwalking.html
At least haddon and sydney don't do it as well!
That was extremely helpful - thanks Kira! Are you sure you're not the one in medical school? :)
ReplyDeleteHey guys! I found your blog from Nate's blog list. I'm not sure I've heard Chad's weight bench story! But oh man, I don't envy you with the potty clean up incidences! No fun...
ReplyDeleteThat is crazy Angie! We went through a horrible time with night terrors. Taylor does not even remember them, but holding her limp screaming body and glazed over eyes has scarred me for life!
ReplyDeletezach does that too... he has yet to out grow it! i am not sure if they are night terrors or if he really has to pee and is too disoriented to figure it out! It scares me everytime! I have to literally push him into the the direction of the potty while his whole body is shaking and he is crying! good luck! I am off to check out the link above!
ReplyDelete