I am wondering if anyone else ever has this happen to them. I woke up this morning really dreading the day. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the gospel - but the thought of sitting through meetings with my noisy children just was not appealing today. I contemplated faking a sick day, but instead I lolled in bed much too long, finally dragging myself out of bed. Of course, because I waited until 7:45 to even start getting ready, we were all pretty grumpy by 8:59. We made it to the church building just in time for the opening announcements. But then, the most amazing thing happened. Instead of having misbehaved children and a dreaded day, it was very pleasant. Aside from a hiccupy baby, Sacrament meeting went well. The speakers both had messages that seemed tailored for me. My toddler went excitedly to nursery. Both the sunday school and relief society lesson's were uplifting. And I never once had to leave the room to quiet the baby. I came home from the three hour block grateful that I hadn't listened to myself this morning. It was almost as if Heavenly Father was saying "Now you silly child, I shouldn't reward you, but I will because I love you!" And to that, I say "Thank you!"
You are so good!!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking how great it was that all we had yesterday was a short Sacrament meeting (due to the Twin Falls temple dedication).
But my kids didn't even sit still through that! Oh well, I guess we can just try again next week. Some day we might get to listen to an entire lesson again! :D
You are so cute Angie! Glad you listened! I have Young Womens meetings before our 2:30 church. By the time I get home from that I really don't want to go back! Sometimes the thought of getting 4 kids (Jason being one) getting ready wins. ;( Then I feel horrible and regret not going and promise to not do it again!
ReplyDelete