Monday, July 28, 2008

The Twilight Series....

So, I finally broke down and started reading these books I kept hearing about. I started on Tuesday of last week...and in the famous words of a Utard, OH MY HECK! I'm hooked. It's a sickness. Last Wednesday we were headed up to Boise (again...more info to come!), and had a lot to do in order to get ready to leave. I asked Haddon to hold me accountable by making sure that when I was done feeding the baby, I would have to put the book down. Sure enough, he found me reading after Paige was finished nursing. The following conversation ensued:
him: "Mom! You said you were done."
me: "Haddon! It's like a drug. I just can't get enough of it!"
him: "Ugh! You're silly".
20 minutes later, him: "Ok Mom, you're still reading," thoughtful pause, "At least you're not on the computer!"
My vices are many apparently! I just finished up New Moon, and am about to start Eclipse. Who knew a high school-vampire-lovestory-thriller could be so engrossing!!!

7 comments:

  1. Now is a perfect time to start reading too! The fourth and final book comes out on August 1st :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. k I might have to read these books once our house is on the market. I konw if I start now I will not get anything done at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a few more days till Breaking Dawn!!! Perfect timing! I just finished re-reading them all. I was trying to pace myself so that I finished Eclpise just before I got the new one....But I got too excited! And couldn't put them down! :D AGAIN!!! 3rd time through the series!!
    It is a sickness! And a drug!! The closest thing to an addiction I've ever had!!!
    Check out her website and read the 1st chapter of the companion to Twilight. Its called Midnight Sun. It will be Twilight from Edward's point of view! :D I wanna read New Moon from his perspective!
    Sorry- I get kinda carried away when it comes to Twilight!!! :D
    Love ya lots!
    Next time you come up here we should get together for a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you that you'd love them. So, I noticed hotel Hallberg is open again! We should really have dinner or somethin this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ange- No joke, like Joleen said! Read Midnight Sun, Edward's perspective! I read it at work and lost track of all my clients! Heheheheheheh!
    GO TEAM EDWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwa ha ha ha ha! I knew you would succomb! You are obviously not alone my friend. Welcome to the strangest obsession you'll ever share with millions of other supernatural-loving females.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued, but I don't know if I can bring myself to start. I don't think I'll ever stop!

    ReplyDelete