Sunday, May 4, 2008

"I Hate Bedtime! It's the worst invention EVER!"

We had a big weekend full of ceremonies, parties and (much)lack of sleep. (It has been great!) But tonight as everything was winding down, and most of the visitors had left, Haddon really did not want to go to bed. After doing everything he could to stretch out the inevitable, a huge tantrum was thrown. Joel and I doubled up and tried to get him to bed without much more of a theatrical meltdown. It didn't work. We got him in bed...on the floor in the girls' room...and were counting to 10 and taking deep breaths...when he screamed "I hate bedtime, it's the worst invention ever!" We stifled our laughs long enough to calm him down for a few seconds, when he started wailing again. A few moments into it, he screamed "You guys have all the fun after I go to bed!" followed by "It's my worst enemy!" Oh how I love my sweet sensitive little boy. Some day he will come to enjoy a good night's sleep after a long day. But until then, I suppose he will continue entertaining us with his passionate raves...and Mom and Dad will have to convince him that the carnival really doesn't arrive after he goes to bed.

5 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! He says the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Did you ever see the episode of Growing Pains when their youngest daughter Krissy thought the same thing - so they planned a whole big party because they knew she would be spying - I just remember the dad yelling out "LET'S PLAY BARBIES!" - any way you have to see it :). Tell Joel congrats on his graduation. That is so awesome, we would have loved to have been there - but Ryan got married this past weekend - family first, I guess. Take care - sorry this comment is so long :). We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember that episode!:)
    I think I am good on the party... just show up! See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister-in-law lived with us last year, and we used to joke with Haddon that there was a carnival after he went to bed - unbeknownst to us, he believed it. We totally had that episode in mind when it all started. Funny you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious! :D I love it.

    ReplyDelete