Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekends go too fast!

We had a great weekend, but it's effects on a sleep deprived 19 month old are evident as I type - she's screaming in some kind of click language and trying to hit her dad and brother with anything she can get her hands on. (I'm not sure why this is funny, because I'm telling her no-no as she does it!) The only audible phrase is "aw wa ma bobby". I love these moments. I think she would like a bottle.

Okay, bottle gotten... Brian and Kira graduated from BYU this weekend, so the Conley family stayed with us. They arrived Thursday night. Before they got there, I had been struggling all night to get Had and Ellie to go to sleep, when I thought I heard Ellie get out of bed for the umpteenth time. I catapulted up the stairs to intervene, and ran straight into Patti. It about scared me to death! They had been knocking, and we hadn't heard. HaHa, so funny! We ended up taking all 4 kids with us to the commencement exercises the next day. I guess you could say we were doing a dry run for Joel's ceremony next Saturday. Surprisingly, it went well, and we had some fabulous Aussie barbecue at Wallaby's afterwards. Saturday we enjoyed breakfast, and then headed out to the SLC cemetery to visit Pres. Hinckley's grave site, and went down to Temple Square to take in the spring flowers. What a gorgeous sight! The gardener in me wanted to dig up all of the bulbs and take them home for my own personal enjoyment. When we had all tired of walking around, we came home to have a barbeque and to just hang out. Joel would like to add that the Jazz won as a perfect icing to the cake. One more game to go to win the playoffs! What a fun weekend! The good news is that we get to do it all again next weekend for Joel's graduation.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, love your entry. Anyway about tonight. She isn't!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah by the way I tagged you. See my blog!

    ReplyDelete