Sunday, March 9, 2008

We're back!

So I finally got to go back to church today. All 6 of us went. (How crazy is that number?!?) Let me tell you how my sacrament went today: Arrived during the middle of the opening song. Find a side bench seat half way up the aisle that we barely fit on. Get to bench, oldest kids fight over who gets to sit down by Mom. Joel leaves me to help pass the sacrament. Announcements end, sacrament song starts, baby starts to cry. Sydney starts to cry. Binkie and bottle inserted in mouths. Ellie falls asleep. Sydney spills sacrament water on baby. Sacrament ends. Joel returns. All of us shift to make room for Dad. Haddon draws pictures of Ratchet from Playstation 2. Sydney screams because Haddon won't share his crayons. Ellie starts snoring. Ellie's friend behind us comments loudly about Ellie snoring. Baby is no longer happy with paci...howling at this point. Mom excuses self to feed baby. Peace and quiet for Mom...until she returns to find Haddon and Sydney now fighting over the same book. Newlywed couple in front of us are starting to stare. Get kids calmed down long enough to hear touching testimony. Feel promted to bear my testimony. Ellie wakes up - grumpy. Sydney decides to push the baby out of Mom's arms, it's her turn to be held. Never mind the testimony idea. Too late anyway - closing song is being sung. Closing prayer. Elderly sister tells us it's nice to see the whole family there today, and I agree. It's so nice to be back.....

2 comments:

  1. MISS ANGIE PANTS....WHERE ARE YOU????
    I hope you are feeling better! Rachel was quite upset her "favorite dance friend" was missing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I only have one kid and I feel the same way every week... and yet we still keep going :) The church must be true!!! :)

    ReplyDelete