Monday, March 3, 2008

Road Trip!

We decided to go "home" to visit family this last weekend for our first time in the minivan. Let me just say that I LOVE MINIVANS! Not as my dream car, but as the most practical invention for family types in the history of inventions! During the 5 hour drive, Joel and I didn't have to stop once for gas...a huge plus. Also, don't tell the police, but if the baby cried, I could easily climb back and hold the bottle for her to eat in her carseat...another plus. But my favorite part was having Had and Ellie in the way back where we couldn't hear them. Let me explain before you think I'm awful. One would call out that the other had wronged them in some way, and all we had to say was "I can't hear you, speak up", and they would try again. After a second or third time saying "I can't hear you" they'd give up and deal with it on their own without too much ado! Why didn't we think of this sooner!?! We did have a great weekend, and can't wait to go camping this summer with the fam. We sure miss everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they the BEST! I got teased so much when I became a "minivan mom" but hey - The less noise the better for mommy!:)

    ReplyDelete