As I write this I'm sitting in the rocking chair with Paige in my lap, and as you can tell by the title, we're still at the hospital. This little one has been such an inspiration to me through this whole ordeal! Paige has experienced a lot of 'firsts' this week, such as her first catscan, her first spinal tap, her first EKG, etc. etc. etc....but in spite of it all, she has been such a trooper. She has had four IV's put into her tiny little arms, countless blood draws, and overall a pretty crummy week, but at some point during it all, (I'm hazy as to when it actually happened), she had her first real 'look-mom-in-the-eye-no-it's-not-gas-I-love-you-mom' smile! And she hasn't stopped smiling since. It completely makes me weak in the knees every time she does it! Then, to top it off, last night after a successful feeding, (YAY!) she was lying in her crib watching the mobile on the side of her crib, and she let out a giggle. Heavenly Father truly blesses us when he sends these sweet spirits into our lives! At any rate, she is finally doing well without IV assistance (or oxygen). The doctors just want to make sure that she is getting enough nutrition to keep her energy and her weight up. I'm so grateful that I have been able to be at her side through all of this! Now we're just really looking forward to sharing her new 'firsts' with the rest of the family!
So glad to hear she is doing better! I am sure you are one tired mommy and in need of a nap!:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing she is, I am so happy for you! Isn't it amazing how these little ones can lift our spirits with just a little smile. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a little angel. Kids are so amazing, I hope you guys are doing well and she is healthy and happy. Take care of yourselves, we are thinking of you guys!
ReplyDelete