Hey there to anyone who still reads this lil' ole' blog. I have completely neglected it of late. Life is crazy, but good. I'm out of boxes now, and have moved onto the fun decorating and making the house a home stage...which translates to it still being in general chaos. I've managed to squeeze in a bit of crafting, thrifting, and visiting with family. The kids have somewhat settled back into a routine. School lets out later here, so by the time they get homework done, it's dinner time. They're really looking forward to track break next week so they have more time to play with friends. Haddon starts spring baseball next week. We're looking for a piano teacher for Ellie. Sydney discovered that there is a potential bff in the girl next door. Paige is loving her new co-op preschool. Amelia is ALL of two years old...um, yeah, but she's stinkin' cute so she gets away with murder. And Claire will be 5 months old this next week, which means she's rolling and doing raspberries now.
Joel has loved the many farms in the area. We were driving by an old collapsed barn last week, and he mentioned how he would love to find 'scrap' wood to build projects with. I said let's pull in to the house now, and ask. "What could it hurt????" 45 minutes later, while the kids and I sat in the van, he had struck up a deal to pick up these bohemoth 17 foot long pine pretties later in the week. They are now proudly taking his spot in the garage. It doesn't look like much...but that is a TON of wood! Most of it is 1" thick, but the one on the left is over 3" thick. I'm thinking there's a lot of awesome furniture in my future :) Now, we just have to find the time....

No comments:
Post a Comment