1. Ellie and Syd both had birthdays last week. Ellie is now 9. Syd is now 6. Time flies too quickly when you're watching amazing kids turn into great people. :) Ellie asked for an mp3 player, so she received an Ipod Shuffle. Syd's only desire was a 'real' camera, so that's what she got. :) Both were ecstatic. A theater movie night with a friend is planned for both later this month. Both are looking forward to that event and are making sure Mom and Dad don't forget.
2. We celebrated B-days by traveling through Boise and on to McCall to attend the camping family reunion for my family. It was a quick trip starting on Ellie's day Thursday the second and ending on Syd's birthday Sunday the fifth. Two of those days were spent traveling, and we spent one camping night sandwiched between two fun-filled days of hiking, swimming, huckleberry picking, lounging in the campground, and of course, taking a trip to Ice Cream Alley for their famous giant cones and name signing on the brick walls. Siblings and cousins were reunited for a bit, and we enjoyed the time we got to spend with them all. It was sad for us to leave Saturday night. :(
4. School starts in 15 days. We've started prepping by going through clothes and supply lists to evaluate what is needed for the school year. Being who I am, this of course turned into completely cleaning out closets and then switching rooms for all of the girls in anticipation of early school mornings and a newborn soon after. The error of my thinking was splitting up Syd and Paige. Syd went in with Ellie, and Amelia into Paige's room. It has not been going so well for Paige...we'll see if it gets to be switched around again in the near future...maybe this time I'll enlist the help of Joel to get it accomplished. ;)
5. If I had planted a garden this year, it would just about be harvest time. BUT, my morning sick-self never got around to it last spring, so I have just some volunteer cherry tomato plants and a pear tree to tend to. That's it this year. It should be a really light harvest/canning season - I'm still debating whether that's a good thing or not. :)
Can you see me guys???
6. Baby #6 is growing. I'm 30 weeks along now and feeling larger than I ever did with any of the others. We found out a while back that it's a girl. Name-picking has become an obsessive thing for me, not so much for Joel. We've always easily chosen a name that seemed fitting. Not so much this time around. Apparently, choosing a fifth 'just-right' name is too much for this couple to handle. I've got a few I'm rooting for, so 10 weeks will tell if this sweet one gets a name more fulfilling than 'baby Sammy'. :)7. Our days have been filled otherwise with trips to Seven Peaks Waterpark, Trafalga Amusement Park, the Library, The Children's Museum, and various parks around town. The kids have come to expect an outing every other day of the week...ugh. I should have planned that a little better in the beginning. I fear I have become that run down wind-up toy that just wants to lay there all preggo and tired. Somehow, they manage to wind me back up so we can go back out to do something, but by the time we're home, it's a movie or quiet activity for them and a quick rest on the couch for me. Thankfully, they're fabulous kids who love each other and don't fight with each other too much when left to their own devices. :) I'm one lucky mama.








No comments:
Post a Comment