Early last week, most of the kids were down and out with nasty colds. Thankfully it was not our turn for carpool, so Joel offered to take Sydney to school on his way to work. It worked out just right that Syd, the lone child going to school that day, was ready early enough for Joel to take her over to the school. She was overjoyed by this turn of events, since it's a rarity. As the story goes, he drove her up to the school drop off. She promptly attached herself to his neck in a joyful hug, and then bounced out of the car. She took a few steps, then turned and with purpose blew him a kiss, and stood there waiting for the response with glistening eyes. Right at that moment the song Stealing Cinderella by Chuck Wicks happened to come on the radio.
I received this text shortly after he got to work that day:
"You need to listen to [that song]. It came on right after I dropped Sydney off at school. I may have cried."
As soon as he got home from work that night, he retold the story, and then pulled up the music video for us to watch. It was adorable to watch as he pulled his girls in close to him and got teary eyed relating to the song. After all, he does have four girls who will someday have beau's coming along and stealing away his "Cinderella's".
Now when he calls his girls "Princess", which he does often, it has taken on a whole new meaning. :)
Oh, and he told me he wants me to have four shirts made up with this printed on them:
;) Good luck with that one babe.


That made me cry. It may sound silly but I love it when my hubby gets emotional.
ReplyDeleteNot silly at all Claire! I love it too!
ReplyDelete