I've had a really hard time not being nostalgic. It seems like Haddon (who started school before the birth of this little blog) and Ellie were Kindergartners just yesterday!!! Now they're in Fourth and Third grade, and are looking way too grown up. :) Not to worry, they aren't too big to hug me goodbye every morning, which is a requirement...but seriously, look at the pose on Haddon. His shirt says it all: Plans for today: Wake up, brush teeth, be AWESOME! The faux-hawk just does me in. :) And miss Ellie was so excited to choose her outfit and fix her hair that day. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have any of her friends in class this year, so she is struggling a bit with the prospect of making new friends. All I can do is encourage her and try to stay optimistic...which is hard for a recovering helicopter mom...whoosh. *heavy sigh* This growing up stuff is hard on a

Serious. Haddon looks like a 7th grader! Sorry! But he does! Ellie looks lovely as always! You are a good mom. Helicopters are cool by the way. I happen to study the art of hovering as well!
ReplyDeleteI agree, they are making me too old to be their uncle. But I am so proud of them!
ReplyDelete