Superhero Paige with her Superhero Brother
Sooo, this little bundle of attitude. This little spunky kid. This crazy roller-coaster of emotions child of mine, has fully emerged. We adore her, probably to a fault. She knows how to work the system. Just today, she was running around pretending to be a superhero. I was preparing dinner, and she started begging me for a piece of candy. I told her no because we were about to eat dinner. She plopped her little bum down on the stool, and with the saddest look on her face, mumbled "I'm the saddest super-hero EVER." and buried her head in her blankie. ***** Then, later during dinner, she was refusing to eat, but insisting that she needed a cookie instead. When mom was losing it, she batted her eyelashes and said "Can we talk about Jesus?" in a completely innocent little voice. Joel lost it laughing...and of course she kept working it. But mom still made her eat dinner. (So mean, I know). :) But she did get a cookie afterward for such a great performance. The other morning I was still lying in bed. Paige was the first one up, and Joel went to change her diaper. I laid there and savored this little conversation between them:
Joel: Morning Paigie! How was your sleep?
Paige: Good! I had a dream about baby Amelia.
Joel: Oh really, what happened in it?
Paige: She told me that Heavenly Father loves us.
Joel: And what else?
Paige: And Jesus wants us to be baptized.
Then she promptly came and told me a similar version of the dream...and that she made it all up.
Oh. My.
I hope she knows her spotlight is going to very shortly be shared by that same baby she spoke so highly of. :)
Love you Paigie!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment