(You totally just sang that, didn't you?) :) 'Tis the season for holiday feasts, trips to visit family, and snow...which we have at least 5 inches of right now. They're saying we'll get another 7" or so tonight. Here we go, ready or not! (definitely not ready) But for me, it's also the season for nesting...like crazy! It's a good thing I have little desire to be outside right now, 'cuz I've got plenty to do inside! We (and I use that term loosely) decided that the baby is going to need a room to sleep in...weird, right? You mean we can't just put her in the bottom drawer of our dresser? :) Totally kidding. But I'm not willing to let her move in to our room permanently either...so that has set in motion a whole-house shift. Currently all 3 Hallberg sisters are sharing the largest kids room...but that just won't work with a newborn thrown in the mix. So here's my solution:
* Haddon is moving to his own room down in my *sob* craft room. Deep down, I knew this day was coming...
* The craft room gets redistributed to other places in the house...mostly the living room...sounds like a mess, right? But just wait! I'm making it work! Here's a few shot's of what's been done so far...
The table and cubby furniture we built are in the front room now. I love how the cubbies look like built-ins. The only thing left to find a home for is all of my fabric stash...still stewing over where to put it...that isn't out in the garage! Anyone got any ideas that don't involve using ALL of it up in exactly 70 days? (Yep, she's coming that soon. Yikes.)
*Ellie moves to Haddon's old room...and the baby will join her once she's out of her bassinet. Which means new paint and bedding. Oh boy. Either way, Ellie is stoked to get her 'own' room for a while.
* We separate the bunk beds so Paige can have a big girl bed...oh boy...again, and the baby can have the crib.
* Move most of the toys in the basement into the little girls' bedroom. They'll have the space, and maybe they'll get picked up once in a while! I've hated the color we painted in there too...so maybe that'll get a new color.
So that's the plan so far. I reserve the right to change my mind...which I'm prone to doing. :) We move bedrooms next week, after our turkey day trip. Joel thinks it's too soon, but I want to get Paige used to a big-girl bed before this little being takes over her crib...no unnecessary jealousy needed! Kinda funny how one little being can create so much work...and she's not even here yet! I think the nesting instinct is given to us mommies for a reason...otherwise, the babies would reside in dresser drawers! Joel may think I'm crazy, but he's supportive...and mad as heck when he gets home and I have moved furniture. I know, I know. Sometimes that instinct is just too strong though!!! Sheesh. :)
quiet time.
10 years ago

I love your living room! It looks just like you! Super cute!
ReplyDeleteyour house is darling, and i am amazed at how well you incorporated your craft room into your living room :).
ReplyDeletei think it is super smart to move paige out of the crib before the baby comes. i (sort of unknowingly) did the same thing for george before pearl came, and it was so wonderful to give us some flexibility through the transition. we let him know that if he wanted to go back to the crib for some reason (heavy emphasis on cribs being for little BABIES, not big boys :)) he really could! he always chose his big boy bed (and i think this also made it so that we did not struggle with him constantly escaping out of his bed-- we just told him he could get back in the crib if he wanted), and we never struggled with him being sad that his baby got to sleep in the crib.
can't believe your baby is coming so soon! holy cow, that has gone FAST! we need to get busy planning showers for you and christina, but the holidays are sucking all my energy and attention right now. we'll get to that after christmas, i promise :).
love the look - it looks like it was meant to be that way. as for your fabric storage, take a look at what dad did to our entry closet when you get home, that may be a way to resolve your problem, and we all know he loves an excuse to go visit his grandkids! love ya, grammy tami
ReplyDeleteIt's that whole nesting thing that finally got me to take my new sewing maching out of the box after having it for over two years...!! Now I wonder what I was so afraid of!!! Hope it's all a smooth transition...!! Sounds like fun for all...(??)!!!
ReplyDelete