Friday, June 18, 2010

The job hunt

First off, Happy Birthday to my oldest brother Jason! What a memorable day...for my big bro and for me.  You see, it's been exactly ten years since Joel proposed marriage to me...it was quite the eventful day!!!  Still no job yet though, but we're trying to stay optimistic, 'cuz what else is there to be? :)  Joel pointed out the other day that this is the most he's ever been home in his adult life.  He did mention though that his quality of life has gone up drastically, while smiling sheepishly, of course. :)  More time for family, riding, woodworking, church stuff, etc.  Too bad we're not independently wealthy to make up for the whole paycheck thing....:)

At any rate, we have yet to drive each other crazy, so we've been working on a few small projects together in the garage.  Things that could possibly be sold in the etsy shop if there's enough interest.  I was so excited about this mirror that I had to share pictures.


 It's not quite finished, as in the mirror hasn't actually been mounted yet, but I think he did a dang good job.  This was made out of an uncut plank of redwood.  He did the decorative cove cuts and everything.  I couldn't quite picture what he was talking about when he said he wanted to make this thing, but I think the finished product is better than anything I could imagine.  It took a couple hours of reassurance (on my part) and reworking so that we could get the mitered edges fitting perfectly.  Pretty good, no?


Some sanding, and then, of course, there was the debate over what color stain to use...but my favorite won out! :) We were going for red, but it looks a bit more orangey.  I love it though.  I'm struggling with wanting to hang it up in my house right now! What do you guys think??? Would it sell?

 

4 comments:

  1. I would too! Does he take orders?
    And thanks for the comment love! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I would buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angie! Super impressed by the mirror and the woodworking skills! Just wanted to let you know that our prayers are constantly with you guys. We love you!

    ReplyDelete