Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pee Wee Herman

Anyone who is a child of the eighties knows how popular Pee Wee Herman was.  My husband can attest to the fact that I'm a sucker for the cheesy tag lines, and his ridiculous laugh.  I can remember many a Saturday morning where I woke up before my parents, got myself a bowl of cereal (usually wheat Chex - they were my favorite, weird, I know!), and plopped myself in front of the TV to watch the man himself chant "mecca-leccka-high-mecca-hiney-ho" and laugh ridiculously while talking to a cow, a puppet bully, a girl named Penny (who had Penny eyes...so cool), and watch vintage cartoons.  So you can imagine my delight when my new phone came with the option to add a variety of comical ring tones...from which I chose Pee Wee's famous laugh.  I can't help but laugh whenever the phone rings now...so, FYI, if I'm laughing when I answer, now you know why. :)

Tonight I went to our ward Enrichment Meeting, and forgot to turn off my new phone.  Just as the din died down, and we were about to start the meeting, my favorite laughing madman decided to ring...loudly.  Being new to the phone, I fumbled to turn off the ringer, only to somehow turn the volume up.  Within seconds, the laugh was contagiously spreading to some of the women around me.  I had to jump and run, because apparently I'm too dumb to figure out my new high tech toy. :)  I told you I wasn't sure if it was heaven or hell...tonight it was both. :)     

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!! I loved Pee Wee AND I L-O-V-E wheat chex. Always have. Always will. :)

    ReplyDelete