Friday, April 16, 2010

Blue

We replaced the door on our house two years ago, and it has been primer white ever since then, until now!  I finally took the color plunge.  I saw a picture of a blue door, and fell in love.  This is what we ended up with.  I was pretty freaked out when the color went on, but over the last week, it's grown on me.  The only draw back, is that it makes the rest of the house look like it needs a new paint job...looks like I'm gonna be wielding a paint brush again this summer!
While we were outside staring at the door, trying to decide if we like it....
We had some visitors show up.
So we fed 'em, and snapped a few pics.
And then we stared some more at our door.  The neighbors must think we're crazy!  It's gonna stay...what do you think??? 

12 comments:

  1. I love it! Great color! So welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I need to come and see it in person one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! super fun!!! Blue doors are the best!! It's really been a good way to explain our house to others. Fun and different, but subtle! It's awesome!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Seriously want to copy you, not blue though, maybe RED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love the blue! Of course, the vinyl address is icing on the cake! Doesn't it feel good to get one of those "to do" things off the list and enjoy it so much?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandon quickly pointed your new door out when we were on our walk the other day, but I don't remember seeing the vinyl address. Maybe you hadn't put it up yet. I really like it and will have to pay more attention to it the next time we take a walk through the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Oh my cute" were the exact words out of my mouth when I saw this. I agree that the vinyl seals the deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Blue was one of the options for our door. I'm guessing it will be awhile before any color shows up though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kacey - I've still got over 1/2 a quart and all the supplies....:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the blue!!! I never would have thought about that as a door color! It is so charming!

    ReplyDelete