So remember when I said that Paigie WASN'T terrible two? I spoke too soon. We are struggling with our little independent one most of the time these days. Last week, she disappeared to her bedroom, or so I thought, to play. A while later Sydney came tearing downstairs telling me to come quick. Paige had gotten a bottle of hand lotion (a big one), and was 'painting' my bedroom walls, comforter, and dresser with most of the contents of the bottle. Aaagh. Then yesterday, my birthday, I had a terrible headache, so Joel sweetly put the little girls and myself to bed, and then left with the older two kids so that we could have a quiet nap. Unfortunately, Paige is a bad influence on Sydney, and the two of them spent the next hour squealing, laughing, crying, etc. while they played and fought over which toys Syd would throw into Paige's crib. I finally pulled the pillow off of my head to intervene. I'll admit. Not my finest moment. There may have been a bum swat or two. I'm not admitting to anything...:P. Well, Syd got the message, but Paige, not so much. About ten minutes later I could still hear raucous noises coming from the room, so I went back in to investigate. Syd was sound asleep. Paige had pulled the top drawer of her dresser open, and emptied the contents all over the floor and her crib. Then she had stripped the bedding completely off of her mattress and pillow, and was at that moment, screaming because she couldn't get it untangled from her legs to throw
it on the floor as well. I ended up taking everything away from her, so that all she had left was her crib pulled into the middle of the room, and a bare mattress. Joel arrived shortly after to a very deflated birthday girl who needed an impromtu solo trip to the craft store. That did the trick. Wouldn't it be great if my little "terrible two"-year old would be that easy to please....she spent the rest of the day avoiding me because she was mad that I had the nerve to interrupt her play time. Sheesh.
*I should add that I did have a great birthday, despite my little bout with headache/Paige. Joel knows how to please me - sushi and a movie (Alice in Wonderland - which might I add - Johnny Depp is brilliant in!), a temple trip, the Harry Potter movies, and a new set of scriptures for the wards' newest gospel doctrine teacher. Yep. That's me.
Happy Birthday Angie!!!
ReplyDeleteJust be glad there is only one of her....I'm just sayin'!!!
Happy Birthday! I teach Gospel Doctrine too. Not my favorite calling, but I'm learning a lot. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSounds hilarious if you ask me.. and Happy Belated Sis.
ReplyDelete