Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The (almost) Finished Studio

Sorry I went awol for a week.  We had some unexpected diversions pop up....nothing big really, :)...only Joel being made a High Priest and put in as the First Counselor in the Bishopbric on Sunday.  (!!He's only 31!!  So, so humbled by this!)  And a nasty case of the stomach flu/sinus infections going around the family.  Needless to say, there were a few things that took precedence over getting pictures posted.  Joel was asked a week ago Sunday if he would accept this calling, which gave us exactly one week to scramble and get the room ready for family to come stay in said room.  It was just the push I needed.   I think I recall saying that this would be a slow project...hahaha!  All we really have left to do is replace the door frame, paint the baseboards, and fill the room with awesome organizational furniture.  That last one's a small task...really.......snort.  At least the paint fumes have helped with clearing my sinuses!  Oh, and I need to put all of my 'crap' back.  I've been having withdrawals.  The big kids asked me to help them start on their classroom Valentines cards...which was no small task given that everything is piled haphazardly out in the garage.  Nothing too original going on in that department this year - more on that later!  So without further ado...the finished blank canvas!  I can't wait to make it a studio anyone would drool over...cuz' I'm already salivating!  We left the door alone so that our parents would have a door to close... hopefully we'll get that finished up this weekend.   
Looking back on the closet.  We left one original wall so that we could still have a small closet space.  Later on the plan is to frame in an actual closet, but for now, I'll just hang a curtain and use it for storage. :) My dancing models are an added bonus! (They love to hop around on the squares!)
More of the same...I wanted to keep the colors neutral so that I could change the accessories easily.  I did teach Joel how to change out the electrical outlets. Such a proud moment. :) Oh, and the curtains I love, just not in here...not sure what I'll put in their place.  I was calculating how much we've spent on this room, and it was under $150.   That will probably jump a bit once the furniture is built and I get a rug for the floor - my parents just about froze sleeping on air mattresses in there - sorry guys!  But still, that's not too bad! 
I'm already in love with this room.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for you to post so I could comment and congratulate you guys on the new calling!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love? It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete