Monday, August 31, 2009

Smell-O-Vision

Where's smell-o-vision when you need it? If you could only smell my house today! H-E-A-V-E-N! I'm making homemade marinara with my bountiful garden supply of tomatoes, zucchini, and onions. Just in case you weren't salivating already, here are some pics to peruse. Heads up though: if you end up coming over for dinner anytime soon, chances are you'll be having some Italian-style food since I've got marinara coming out of my ears!!! :) (The actual recipe can be found at my recipe blog).
1.2.
3.4.
5.

1. Start with gorgeous tomatoes, zucchini (and onions) from your own garden, plus carrots and garlic from the fridge.
2. Rinse everything and chop them roughly - who has time to mince? Put 'em in a big pot.
3. Let that cook on med. until everything is nice and mushy - about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and use immersion blender to mince everything until it's nice and pureed. Add salt, pepper, and sugar.
5. Return to heat and cook on low for 2 - 4 hours, stirring every time you pass it.
6.7.
8.

6. Sing and Dance while you wait
7. Bottle and process in mason jars, or if you're really lazy like me, portion into freezer bags and pop in the freezer.
8. Take a deep breath and stare somewhat overwhelmingly at the next task you have to undertake. (It's going to be a big - albeit yummy - job!)

2 comments:

  1. I made some of this the other day. I was swimming in zucchini and squash. It was delicious and I have a ton of it in the freezer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the singing and dancing part! YEAH! That really does look divine Angie! Mmmmmmmmmove over Olive Garden!

    ReplyDelete